July 22, 2008

A whole lot of catching up to do

Okay, I'm a little ashamed of myself. Really. Who starts a blog and then disappears for 3 months?! Apparently I do.

But in my defense, I have been pretty busy over the last 3 months. I agree, still no excuse.

I guess I am just going to do a summary, since trying to post about the past 3 months would be mind numbing for me and anyone that attempts to read this.
So, here is what I've been up to over the past three months since I last posted:

- Finished up the semester and maintained my sanity throughout finals week.

- Spent 2 weeks in Mexico on a study abroad program with the College of Nursing. We spent time in San Miguel de Allende and Guanajuato. We explored the culture, the history, the health care system, and what health/illness means to the Mexicans. We also spent some time in Spanish class - which is where I realized just how rusty I am and how much of a foreign language one can forget when not using on a regular basis. We learned some Spanish for health care employees which I know will be beneficial for when I actually get a nursing job in the city.
A few photos:
San Miguel de Allende - a beautiful colonial town. So quaint and just all around lovely.


Guanajuato - a large city, quite a stark difference from San Miguel. Look at all the beautiful brightly painted houses. I told Kev I wanted to live in a bright green house and he just looked at me like I was nuts!


- Went to my future sister-in-law's bachelorette party


- Went to Summerfest. Enjoyed the Tim McGraw concert immensely. Took in a really awesome cover band from Arizona, I think. Drank beer and ate far too much fried food (mmmm...corn dogs).

- Went to some Brewer games. Go Brew Crew!

- Stood up as a bridesmaid in my brother's wedding. Cried a little. Laughed a lot.


- Worked.

- Embarked on some craft adventures. Will blog about this at a later time.

- Helped our friends from New York move back into town.

- Spent some time with our friends who just recently had a new addition to the family. Realized that by the time Kev and I get around to having children all the names I love are going to be taken. Boooo.

- Went thrifting and checked out some flea markets. Scored some goodies and enjoyed the sunshine.

- Watched my garden grow and thrive (with the exception of our peas and cucumbers - hmph).

- Attended a wedding of a friend who we thought was going to be a bachelor for life. Partied with Bucky Badger.



Yeah, that pretty much sums up the past couple of months. Now hopefully I can stay up to date on my blogging. Or at least try.

1 comment:

Liz Harrell said...

Whew! I think you've got more than ample excuses for taking a time out from blogging. You are one busy woman.